Know which countries are open and what they require for travel before you pack your bags.
For many of you, it has been a long Spring and Summer as travel plans got postponed or canceled. You’ve been waiting patiently (some more patiently than others) to start traveling again. Your luggage is gathering dust as your bucket list of places to visit continues to grow. COVID-19 may have put a stop to travel for a few months, but it certainly didn’t stop our clients’ desire to get out and explore the world!
For those of you antsy to travel again, we’ve got some good news--countries across the globe are starting to open their borders again! The bad news? Each country is issuing their own requirements for travel and entry – adding a new element of the unknown to your planning. That’s why we’ve compiled a comprehensive listing of countries that are reopened or planning to reopen, along with their specific requirements for entry.
We will update the list as changes are made and do our best to keep it as current as possible. If you have questions regarding any of the locations, just email or give us a call. We are here to help you navigate this new world of traveling, assist you with preparing documents, and get you were you want to go as safely as possible.
COUNTRIES CURRENTLY OPEN FOR TRAVEL (as of 01/05/2021)
- Bahamas - Negative Covid-19 test taken within 5 days of travel, and uploaded to the online travel health visa before departing for Bahamas. For all stays over 4 nights, a 2nd rapid antigen test will be taken on the 5th day of your stay, administered by the hotel.
- Belize – All visitors must downloaded the Belize Health App and register your travel within 72 hours of arrival. Travelers have the option to take a COVID-19 test 72 hours ahead of departure and will have to verify their negative results when they arrive in Belize or will be tested upon arrival.
- Bonaire - Visitors from Aruba, Canada, St. Maarten, USA may enter Bonaire via Curacao. Visitors must present a negative result from a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to departure (age 13 years or older) and a health declaration form.
- Cambodia - Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours + $2,000 Covid-19 deposit
- Colombia - Travelers are asked to fill out the pre-registration health form available 24 hours prior to departure.
- Costa Rica - Travel insurance that covers COVID is required, and all passengers must fill out the electronic health form prior to arrival.
- Curacao - Now open to all US residents. Visitors are required to complete a digital immigration card. Within 48 hours before departure, you need fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC), be sure to carry a printed copy with you. Each visitor will need to show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR test taken 72 hours prior to departure.
- Dominica - Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours, online questionnaire, rapid test upon arrival
- Dominican Republic - Border control will randomly test arriving passengers
- Ecuador - Negative Covid-19 test result within 10 days of arrival
- Egypt - Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
- French Polynesia - Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
- Grenada - Currently visitors to Grenada must have a negative PCR test not older than 3 days before traveling
- Guatemala - Negative Covid-19 test results, no longer than 72 hours prior to departure
- Honduras - Negative Covid-19 rapid result test result on arrival
- Maldives - Negative Covid-19 test result within 96 hours of departure to country. Health Form
- Mexico -No Restrictions
- Nicaragua - Visitors need to bring a negative COVID-19 test, taken with with 72 hours of departure.
- Oman - All passengers must take a PCR test upon arrival at the Muscat International Airport. All passengers must self-isolate while they await test results, which usually takes around 12-24 hours. Visitors staying 7 days or less after a negative result is received, can end self-isolation and enjoy their trip.
- Panama - Visitors need to bring a negative COVID-19 test, taken with in 48 hours of departure.
- Peru - All passengers will have to bring a negative PCR test, taken no longer than 72 hours before arrival.
- Rwanda - Negative Covid-19 test taken at most 72 hours before arrival
- South Africa - Open to tourists from Australia, Canada, China, Germany, and Spain. Visitors will need to bring a negative COVID-19 test, taken with in 72 hours of departure and download government contact-notification application.
- St. Kitts & Nevis - Visitors will need to bring a negative COVID-19 test, taken with with 72 hours of departure, proof of their booked accommodations at one of the seven approved hotels, and fill out the travel authorization form.
- St. Lucia - Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
- St. Maarten - Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
- St. Vincent and Grenadines- Negative Covid-19 test on arrival, additional test on arrival
- Tanzania- Covid-19 tests on arrival
- Turks and Caicos - Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days
COUNTRIES OPENING SOON (as of 11/18/20)
- Chile - Reopening in December. US travelers will be required to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to departure. Direct flights are scheduled from Miami and New York.
- Phuket, Thailand - Visitors will be required to stay for 30 days, 14-day in hotel quarantine, COVID-19 test will be required.